Christmas and N.Y Mushing - Clothing and Gear List
Preparing dinner on overnight tour
Comfort zone No 1
Dogsledding at its best!
Goggles can come in handy
Forgot your toothbrush?
We provide you with a couple of essentials
No extra charge.
-Boots. We provide some heavy warm boots for the tours on the sled.
-Overall. We have plain thermo overalls that keep you warm (looking like the Michelin man)
-Insulation mats and reindeer skins
Items we recommend you bring yourself
- Warm, long underwear. Bring 2 sets to be on the safe side. Merino wool is best, but other materials can also be used.
- Thick woollen socks
- Mittens (wool or fleece).
- Wind proof gloves (none finger gloves) to have over the mittens.
- Thin fleece finger gloves, for handling dogs/harnessing etc..
- Warm hat.
- Pullover, happily bring 2.
- Outdoor outfit, like a ski suit, trousers and jacket, or a warm parka, just something additional to the thermo overalls.
- Some cloths and slippers for wearing inside.
- Headlamp (remember extra battery). Especially important for those setting out on overnight tours. And in December and January. Good daylight between 9 and 15. Out at night and you want to have a lamp.
- Sun glasses, and take skiing glasses with, if you have got them.
- Sun cream/ face cream, toothbrush, toothpaste.
- Travel bag, light and soft, to carry your things in, waterproof is good.
- Hand/finger warmers, can come in useful, but is normally no essential.
We go through everything you bring with, so as to make sure we drive out with what is right for you. And we also make sure that we do not overload the dogs with none-essentials.
We have plenty of stuff avaible for you to use. Just let us know.